Tuesday, 24 March 2015

I've come a long way

It's been a long time since I last posted. Whether that is due to neglect of the blog or whether it is because I 'got better' I can't really tell but I think I've learned a bit over the last couple of years that I'd like to share with you. These are aimed at dealing with the only part of the relationship that you truly have power over, and responsibility for, you. In order to fit in with my schedule I'm going to do this post by post. So without further ado, here is step one.

Step 1: Learn where to place the blame - I'm not suggesting that everything that may have gone wrong between you and the person you love can be placed on your head. Of course not, the burden is hardly ever found resting completely on one side. However, you need to step back and ask yourself "what could I have done better?".

This isn't advice specific to being in a relationship. Learning to take responsibility for your actions is a fundamental part of getting the life you want to live.

The rest of my posts on this topic will be more constructive, more guiding, but I wanted to start here as I feel like it truly is step one. It's where I started and hopefully I can help you out as well

No comments:

Post a Comment